Al-Shaffallah Center for special Needs Children
Establishment of the Center
Al-Shaffallah Center for special Needs Children was established in response to directives of Her Highness Sheikha Mozah bint Nasser Al-Misned, President of Supreme Council for Family Affairs and to
fulfill the Qatari community need for the establishment of a center specialized in children with special needs, as the Special Needs Committee was appointed to establish the center.
Objectives of the Center
- Providing educational, rehabilitatory, social and health services to children with special needs.
- Offering supportive and family counseling services to families of children with special needs, including individual and group counseling.
- Participating in societal awareness in so far as dealing with children of special needs is concerned and to accept and realize the disability
- Preparing national cadres specialized in this area.
- Seeking to find and develop legislations and laws that affirm the necessity of offering an opportunity for providing
natural and teaching services appropriate to special needs
The Groups Served by the Center
- Al-Shaffallah Center offers educational and rehabilitatory services for both sexes from ages 0-18 of the entire
disability groups and this includes:
- Mental retardation with all its degrees.
- Mobile disability.
- Slow learning
Program and Services of the Center
- Program of Family support and social awareness-raising.
- School education program.
- Autism program.
- Vocational rehabilitation program.
- Supporting rehabilitatory services.
- Diagnosing and evaluating services.