H.E Abdulrahman bin Mohammed Sulaiman Al-Khulaifi
Date of Birth:
Date of Appointment in the Ministry:
As a direct person, he has the ability to explain clearly, fluently and simply his ideas.
Bachelor in Political Science from Central Michigan University, 1980- United States of America.
Arabic- mother tongue.
- Appointed at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs as Third Secretary on 25/6/1980.
- Served at the Embassy of the State of Qatar in Paris from 4/11/1980 to 6/10/1986.
- Served at the Permanent Mission of the State of Qatar to the UN in New York, from 7/3/1989 to 14/8/1991.
- Served at the General Diwan of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs from 15/8/1991 to 5/8/1993.
- Ambassador of the State of Qatar in Beijing from 6/8/1993 to 15/9/1995.
- Ambassador of the State of Qatar in Paris from 24/10/1995 to 23/6/2000.
- Non-resident Ambassador of the State of Qatar to the Swiss Confederation from 1997 to 2000.
- Non-resident Ambassador of the State of Qatar to the Hellenic Republic from 1998 to 2000.
- Director of Asian and African Affairs Department at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs from 21/8/2000 to 28/9/2009.
- Appointed as Ambassador of the State of Qatar to the Federal Republic of Germany from 5/10/2009 until 14/12/2016.
- Participated in many regional and international conferences.
- 13/1/2017 Designated Ambassador to the kingdom of Belgium.
- National Order of Merit with the rank of Officer awarded by the President of the French Republic, Francois Mitterand on 21/5/1986.
- National Order of Merit with the rank of Grand Officer awarded by the President of the French Republic Jacques Chirac on 1/8/2000.
- The President of the Federal Republic of Germany, Joachim Gauck, has awarded the Great Cross of Merit to His Excellency Abdulrahman Al-Khulaifi for his efforts in promoting relations between Qatar and Germany on the occasion of ending his tenure on 30.12.2016.
Current diplomatic rank:
Promoted several times until obtaining the rank of Ambassador (highest financial rank) on 4/6/2008.
Married with two sons and four daughters.
Hobbies and interests:
Reading, painting and participation in exhibitions held in France, bodybuilding, Classical music, and hunting.